Monday, November 5, 2007

Some Thoughts and a bit on Politics

Well, this is the first time, but I'm going to give it a try and see how it works. I'm in Bakersfield, CA travelling and I thought I could post a message on my blog as I'm trying to be pro-active in doing so even from my phone. I am away from home and I want to get back asap, but these are the circumstances right now. I'm happy I have a place to vent.

I was wondering if any of you readers know what was going on in this world? I recently asked a lot of my friends and aquaintances if they know about this law that's going to affect every one of us in the very near future. Now this is along the controversial lines of politics, but I just have to mention it.

On May 11, 2005 our President signed into law the REAL ID act which. This law is to be implemented and everyone has to have this National ID card by May 2008. That's right, by next year... as in a little over 6 months from now. Now you may not think much of it, it's just another law, right? Well, without it you won't be able to work or be employed, open up a bank account, or enter a federal building. Furthermore, the ID will contain all of the current ID/CDL information along with your medical record information, religion, and biometric data (such as fingerprint or retina scan). It will also contain an RFID chip. Why does the government want you to have this? I thought I would give you some of the clues and provide you with some of the informational links and let you discover the rest.

No comments: