Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Father's Thoughts for Soon-to-Come Daughter

Hello Joslyn,

I know you are coming into this world and it's happening fairly quickly for us as well as for you. We are expecting you with much love and can hardly wait to see how you look. I don't know if you will ever get to read this in the future, but I am hoping that by the time you would read this you will be able to say that I did my job well.

I will want to be a great father, as I know many soon-to-become fathers are expecting they would try their best to be. I ask God to give me the wisdom to raise you in fear of Him and part of His and Our Great Love for you. You are very precious to us, even though as of right now, we have not yet seen you. I'm sure we will spend lots of time together and I want to promise you a few things. Well, here they are:

  • I will spend as much time with you as it is necessary for a father to maintain the bond with his daughter as well as provide for you the material things you need.

  • I will do my very best to be your example of a Man of God, dignity, integrity, and all that comes with that.

  • I will be your friend in your time of need and when things get rough I will not judge you but rather give you a shoulder of support.

  • If you ever don't feel welcomed, should we have dissagreements (I know we will), I want you to know your mother and I are always here for you, we love you very much, and no matter what, we will be your parents always.

  • List to be continued as needed...

If you ever look back on this know that through the struggle of your mother and I to bring you into this world, we welcome you and will always love you no matter what the future brings...

Your Loving Father

No comments: